Our Commitment to Privacy:
What We Collect:
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title;
- Date of birth;
- Business information including postal and billing addresses and website address;
- Contact information including email address and phone number;
- Banking details;
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- Information about your computer and about your visits
- Cookie information (explained in more detail to below);
- Other information relevant to a project that we may supply a quote for or information relevant to managing a project that we are contracted to work with you on.
We Collect Customer Information for One or More of the Following Purposes:
- To provide the service we have been contracted to provide;
- To maintain customer relationships, communicate with our customers, and avoid conflicts of interest;
- To understand customer requirements and make information available regarding products and services offered by The SEO Platform;
- To contact you in response to the communications you have directed at us;
- To manage and develop The SEO Platform’s business and operations;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- To gauge website user interest and to enhance future website user experiences.
Why Do We Process Your Information?
We will only collect and use your personal information for the purposes you have permitted. Our grounds for processing your personal information are as follows:
- Consent – where necessary, we will only collect and process your personal information if you have consented for us to do so.
- Legitimate Interests – we may use and process some of your personal information where we have sensible and legitimate business grounds for doing so. Under European privacy laws there is a concept of “legitimate interests” as a justification for processing your personal information. Our legitimate interests for processing your personal information are:
- to enable you to access and use Our Site and other digital tools we may provide as part of our service;
- to communicate with you about our service or make information available regarding products and services offered by The SEO Platform;
- to improve Our Site.
Controlling Your Information
All individuals who are the subject of personal data held by The SEO Platform are entitled to:
- ask what information the company holds about them.
- ask what the purpose of the data is.
- receive a copy of the data.
- be informed how to keep it up to date.
- object to the use of the data.
- request the data is corrected, rectified, restricted, moved, or erased.
Subject access requests must be made in writing, by email to email@example.com. The company will require proof of identification to verify subject access request(s) before handing over any information.
Data Security and Integrity
Keeping information about you secure is very important to use so we store and process your personal information on secure servers operated by us. We only collect customer information as required to meet the purposes that we have identified. We strive to maintain customer information in as accurate, complete and up-to-date a form as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected.
We make reasonable efforts to retain customer information only for so long as the information is necessary to comply with a customer request.
From time to time and for operational reasons the information we collect from you may be stored in countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. However, security cannot be absolutely guaranteed against all threats. By using our service and Our Site you accept the inherent risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
Cookies and Our Site
Cookies used on the site:
- User preference – we set these to customise your website preferences, for example dismissing a popup not to show again in your browser or setting your live chat preferences.
- Analytics – we use these to understand how Our Site is being used in order to improve the user experience. Your user data is all anonymous.
- AdWords – using Google AdWords code we are able to see which pages helped lead to contact form submissions. This allows us to make better use of our paid search budget. We also log when users view specific pages, allowing us to provide targeted advertising in the future.
- Facebook and LinkedIn – We use Facebook and LinkedIn advertising conversion tracking and re-targeting pixels, which allows us to collect or receive information from your website and elsewhere on the internet and use that information to provide measurement services and target future advertising.
- Third party cookies – We use a number of external web services. For example, to display slideshows we sometimes use SlideShare; to show videos we use YouTube and Vimeo, to encourage social shares we use social media like and share buttons. We cannot prevent these sites, or external domains, from setting their own cookies and collecting information on your usage. If you are not logged in to these external services then they will not know who you are but are likely to gather anonymous usage information, e.g. number of views, plays, loads etc.
Changes To This Policy
The SEO Platform reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement from time to time without notice to reflect our current privacy practices. Any changes will be deemed accepted on your first use of Our Site following the changes, so please check before each use for changes.